Acute Ocular Pain Market to Showcase Strong Growth Prospects at an 8.93% CAGR During the Study Period [2018-2030], Asserts DelveInsight
The available Acute Ocular Pain therapeutics treatment options comprise the under development therapies such as APP13007 (Formosa Pharmaceuticals), Tivanisiran (Sylentis), and Reproxalap (Aldeyra Therapeutics), which shall boost the Acute Ocular Pain market growth
LAS VEGAS, Oct. 6, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- DelveInsight's "Acute Ocular Pain Market" report provides a thorough comprehension of the Acute Ocular Pain historical and forecasted epidemiology and the Acute Ocular Pain market trends in the 7MM [the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan]. The Acute Ocular Pain market report also proffers an analysis of the current Acute Ocular Pain treatment algorithm/practice, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs.
Some of the necessary takeaways from the Acute Ocular Pain Market Research Report
- Several key pharmaceutical companies, including Ocular Therapeutix, Kala Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharmaceutical, Bausch & Lomb, Formosa Pharmaceuticals, Aldeyra Therapeutics, Sylentis, and others, are developing novel products to improve the Acute Ocular Pain treatment outlook.
- Dextenza is the first FDA-approved intracanalicular insert, a novel route of administration, which proffers the drug to the eye's surface without the requirement for eye drops.
- Lotemax SM was approved in February 2019, is a corticosteroid indicated to treat postoperative inflammation and pain following ocular surgery.
- Inveltys, a corticosteroid, was approved to treat postoperative inflammation and pain following ocular surgery in August 2018. BromSite, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), was approved in April 2016 to treat postoperative inflammation and prevent ocular pain in cataract surgery patients.
- Among all the potential therapies, Dextenza, Inveltys, Lotemax SM, and APP13007 target the cataract surgery patient pool experiencing Acute Ocular Pain. Whereas, Reproxalap and Tivanisiran will be targeting the pool of dry eye disease (DED) having acute ocular pain. As APP13007 is also targeting the cataract surgery patient pool, with its expected launch, it will face competition with the already approved drugs such as Dextenza, Inveltys, and Lotemax SM, and affect their market size.
- The Acute Ocular Pain market is expected to grow by factors such as an increase in the patient pool, research, and development of drugs with an expected entry of these emerging therapies. However, the availability of off-label therapies, the lack of advancement in clinical trials, and the ocular drug delivery systems may impede the Acute Ocular Pain market.
- Reproxalap and Tivanisiran (SYL1001) are the only upcoming therapies targeting the Dry Eye Disease (DED) patient pool and hence will be competing with each other. In their clinical results, it was observed that these successfully managed age ocular pain in the case of DED. Reproxalap is considered to capture the most significant Acute Ocular Pain market among the upcoming therapies because it will be targeting the overall patient pool of DED, while others like APP13007 will be targeting only acute postoperative cases.
For further information on Market Impact by Therapies, visit: Acute Ocular Pain Drugs Market Analysis
Eye pain is a myriad of symptoms ranging from sharp pain in the eye to mild discomfort or itching in the eyes. Eye pain or ocular pain can be differentiated into chronic ocular pain and acute ocular pain.
DelveInsight estimates that the total cases of Acute Ocular Pain were 15,029,051 cases in the 7MM in 2020, which might increase in 2030. It was also observed that the condition affects males and females equally.
The Acute Ocular Pain Market Analysis Report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiological analysis segmented into:
- Number of Cases of Several Eye Disorders
- Number of Cases of Acute Ocular Pain in Major Eye Disorders
Currently, NSAIDs, Steroids, and others (Antibiotics) are used for Acute Ocular Pain management. These therapies are further classified into monotherapies and combination therapies. In combination therapies, the combination of Antibiotics + Steroids, NSAIDS + Antibiotics + Steroids, and others (Antibiotics + NSAIDs; Steroids + NSAIDs) are prescribed by the physicians as off-label therapies for the management of Acute Ocular Pain.
Dextenza, Inveltys, and Lotemax SM are the recently approved drugs that indicated cataract surgery post-operative pain management. All these three therapies were launched in the US market in 2019.
The Acute Ocular Pain market dynamics are anticipated to change during the forecasted period owing to the expected launch of emerging therapies such as APP13007 (Formosa Pharmaceuticals ), Tivanisiran (Sylentis), and Reproxalap (Aldeyra Therapeutics).
Reproxalap and Tivanisiran (SYL1001) are the only upcoming therapies targeting the Dry Eye Disease patient pool, and hence will be competing with each other.
One of the most promising drugs in clinical development is Reproxalap. The drug is in the phase III stage of development for Dry Eye Disease cases; the drug was effective in ocular pain management in Dry Eye Disease patients. The drug is expected to target all the Dry Eye Disease patients having pain, while the rest upcoming drugs target only a small segment of patients suffering from acute pain.
There remain ample opportunities for new molecules with novel mechanisms of action. Collaborative studies applying new methods will provide novel insights into disease mechanisms with the potential to develop more targeted therapeutics.
The Acute Ocular Pain market will expand since strong guidelines and management have been described for differential Acute Ocular Pain diagnosis with increased research and development for better treatment options. Besides that, the current market does not have an approved therapy so, most of the available treatments target the disease-causing acute ocular pain, thus creating lucrative market opportunities. Nevertheless, the Acute Ocular Pain market will be hampered by the minimal treatment options, making it difficult for the patients and practitioners. In addition to that, the major threat is the availability of various off-label drugs, NSAIDs and corticosteroids, in the market, which reduces pain and inflammation in the eye. Ocular drug delivery is also one of the significant challenges faced by pharmacologists and formulation scientists as the delivery of drugs to the targeted ocular tissues is restricted by various precorneal, dynamic and static ocular barriers. The lack of clarity about the disease epidemiology and its characteristics for patients suffering are the major drawbacks for the Acute Ocular Pain market growth.
Scope of the Acute Ocular Pain Market Insight Report
- Geography Covered: The United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
- Study Period: 3-year historical and 10-year forecasted analysis (2018-2030).
- Acute Ocular Pain Markets Segmentation: By Geographies and By Acute Ocular Pain Therapies (Historical and Forecasted, Current and Upcoming)
- Dominant Market Companies investigating its candidates for Acute Ocular Pain: Ocular Therapeutix, Kala Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharmaceutical, Bausch & Lomb, Formosa Pharmaceuticals, Aldeyra Therapeutics, Sylentis, and several others.
- Analysis: Comparative and conjoint analysis of emerging therapies.
- Case Studies
- KOL's Views
- Analyst's View
Request for a Webex demo of the report @ Acute Ocular Pain Therapeutics Market
Table of Contents
Acute Ocular Pain Key Insights
Acute Ocular Pain Report Introduction
Acute Ocular Pain Market Overview at a Glance
Executive Summary of Acute Ocular Pain
Acute Ocular Pain Market: Future Perspective
Acute Ocular Pain Disease Background and Overview
Acute Ocular Pain Epidemiology and Patient Population
The United States
The United Kingdom
Organizations contributing towards Acute Ocular Pain
Acute Ocular Pain Patient Journey
Acute Ocular Pain Marketed Products
Dextenza (dexamethasone ophthalmic insert): Ocular Therapeutix
Inveltys (loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic suspension/KPI-121): Kala Pharmaceuticals
BromSite (bromfenac ophthalmic solution): Sun Pharmaceutical
Lotemax SM (loteprednol etabonate ophthalmic gel): Bausch & Lomb
Prolensa (bromfenac ophthalmic solution) 0.07%: Bausch & Lomb
Acute Ocular Pain Emerging Therapies
APP13007: Formosa Pharmaceuticals
Reproxalap: Aldeyra Therapeutics
Tivanisiran (SYL1001): Sylentis
7MM Acute Ocular Pain Market Analysis
The United States Acute Ocular Pain Market Size
EU-5 Acute Ocular Pain Market Size
Germany Market Size
France Market Size
Italy Market Size
Spain Market Size
The United Kingdom Market Size
Japan Acute Ocular Pain Market Size
Acute Ocular Pain Market Drivers
Acute Ocular Pain Market Barriers
SWOT Analysis of Acute Ocular Pain
Acute Ocular Pain Unmet Needs
Acute Ocular Pain Market Access
Browse full report with detailed TOC with charts, figures, tables @ Acute Ocular Pain Diagnostics Market Report
View Other Reports
DelveInsight's Ocular Inflammation and Pain - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and in-depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology in 7MM.
DelveInsight's Chronic Pain Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and an in-depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology in 7MM. Key companies working in this domain are Pfizer, Eli Lilly and Company, Regeneron, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Allergan [acquired by ABBVie], Stayble Therapeutics, Aptinyx Lateral Pharma, and others.
DelveInsight's Acute Pain Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast 2030 report provided a detailed overview of the disease and an in-depth understanding of historical epidemiology and forecasted epidemiology in 7MM.
DelveInsight's Bladder Pain Syndrome Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and a depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology in 7MM.
DelveInsight's Chronic and Acute pain - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2030 report provides a detailed overview of the disease and in-depth understanding of historical and forecasted epidemiology in 7MM.
Browse Blog Posts
- Explore Cost-effectiveness, Advanced Technology, Rising Demand that Pushes the Insulin Delivery Devices Market
- Read FemTech Market: With 100+ Startups in the domain, Women Healthcare is Witnessing a Huge Upliftment
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports Pharma companies by providing comprehensive end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. It also provides Business Consulting Services with a credible market analysis that will help accelerate the business growth and overcome challenges with a practical approach.
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- June 2022
- Digital RESI
- Product & Company Valuation Course
- BIO International Convention 2022